If you want to discover who the fastest runners in the world are right now in the year 2022, go no further than this page. Of course, as someone who follows sports news and developments closely, you are aware that Usain bolt is the undisputed king of track and field.
For nearly a decade, he has been unrivalled as the world’s top sprinter. Studies suggest that he can run at speeds of up to 27 miles per hour, whereas the average human can only manage 19 miles per hour.
Runners aiming to become the world’s fastest are constantly pushing the envelope, breaking previous marks set by professional printers and setting new ones.
Since you probably aren’t up-to-date on the current rankings of the world’s fastest runners, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 fastest runners in the world in 2022, according to their respective 100-meter records.
Who is the Fastest Person in the World 2022: The World’s Fastest 10 Athletes
- The 2022 list of the world’s fastest runners is as follows.
- Time for 100 metres set by Richard Thompson: 9.82 seconds
- The 100-meter dash world record held by Steve Mullings is 9.8 seconds.
- The 100-meter dash world record held by Maurice Greene: 9.79 seconds
- A new 100-meter dash world record set by Nesta Carter: 9.78 seconds
- 9.76 seconds is Christian Coleman’s 100-meter personal best.
- The 100-meter dash record for Justin Gatlin: 9.74 seconds.
- To put it in perspective, Asafa Powell ran the 100 metres in 9.72 seconds.
- The current world record for the 100 metres is 9.69 seconds, set by Yohan Blake.
- One Hundred Meters: 9.69 Seconds, Set by Tyson Gay
- Usain Bolt’s 100-meter dash record: 9.58 seconds
Bolt’s record for fastest sprint time has never been broken. After setting new world records in both the 100- and 200-meter dashes at the 2009 World Championships in Berlin (9.58 seconds and 19.19 seconds, respectively), he became a household name among sports fans everywhere.
At London, Bolt was a part of the winning 4100-meter relay team that clocked in at a time of 36.84 seconds.
After being the first athlete to ever win gold in the 100-, 150-, and 200-meter events at the same Olympics, Bolt announced his retirement from the sport in August of 2015.
The Jamaican was a world-famous athlete during his one-decade reign at the Olympics. Throughout his career as a runner, he has won 33 gold and seven silver medals.
Thanks for reading our article Who is the Fastest Person in the World 2022. Continue reading and have a good day.